Home Page

Covid 19

Parent letter - Feb 2022

Covid risk assessment - February 2022

Covid risk assessment - January 17th 2022

Letter 9th Feb 2021



Morning everyone
School opens tomorrow for those children that have pre-arranged settle visits (new starters) on Weds/Thurs/Fri. Then on Monday 7th Sept we open for day-care and returner children. Following this our new children will then start their adventures with us over the coming weeks. Due to Covid 19 our procedures remain in place as pre Summer break...
💕 Staggered drop off and collection times- These are in place to ensure we can limit the numbers of parents waiting to enter. Please maintain 2m distance from one another. 
💕 Drop off/collection via classroom doors- No adults to access the classroom spaces. Entry is now via the side metal gate to the playground instead of the main entrance. We ask where possible that only 1 parent drops off/collects to limit the numbers on site. Please be patient as this now takes a little longer
💕 Anti-bac on arrival (adults and children)
💕 Enhanced cleaning regimes
💕 Extra hand washing for children and staff
💕 PPE when needed and “catch it, kill it, bin it” approach
💕 No toys or equipment to come in from home, except a bag with spare clothes that will remain in school

Please please stay away if you or your child/family is displaying any symptoms that could be Covid 19, or if you are contacted through track and trace or asked to quarantine. We will send children home if we have concerns they may have symptoms and ask them to be tested. PLEASE MAKE SURE WE CAN CONTACT YOU AT ALL TIMES AND YOUR PHONE IS SWITCHED ON. IF YOU NEED TO UPDATE CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE PHONE THE OFFICE. Managing the normal winter ailments with Covid will be our biggest challenge but we can only do our best. 

If we have a CONFIRMED outbreak or staff are forced into Isolation we may need to close to specific groups. We don’t want to do this so working together to get through winter will be paramount. 

We can’t wait to get back, we are looking forward to the term ahead. We will be reinstating Forest Schools and making many new connections with children and families. We recognise some children have had 6 months off but we will prioritise their mental health and well-being and those that find being back difficult, will soon settle and learn many incredible things. 

We can do this 👊🏻
Thank you 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
Any queries contact the office 01945 582401

UPDATE 12/07/20- Please see our most recent letter which you should have now received. We are able to take in more children but still have all of the remaining restrictions in place. Therefore procedures remain unchanged for the foreseeable future including extra cleaning, revised drop off and collection and 4pm closures. Once we can relax these measures we will let you know. We have planned now all transitions for those waiting to start and those due to start in the autumn term. Again we have had to make many changes to how we approach this but we hope we can work together to find a happy medium so your child can start safely and happily. Any queries can be directed to the office. Thanks everyone. Have a nice summer. 



UPDATE 18/5/20


Thank you everyone for your response to school opening. I will now be putting final plans together and be in touch with you all towards the end if this week/early next with detailed risk assessments, policy and a letter summarising how it will all work and when your child will attend. It is a lot of information but anything anyone is unsure of you can just ask.

Thank you for all of your kind emails and support for us in these difficult times.

stay safe


HB x  


The government announced yesterday that Nursery can begin a phased opening from June 1st with a view to have most children back by early July. We now have the huge task of planning this as there will be restrictions in place on numbers of children as well as having to prioritise certain groups first. The initial priority will go to those children due to start in Reception in Sept. We know that the nursery will have to change and adapt and it will not look the same for many months but I am keen to know what parents feel. Therefore I am asking this simple question....

Will you return your child by June/July or would you want to wait until September? 

The answer will help me in my planning and I can focus on those families and children that do want to return. Of course we have strict guidance in place on hygiene and lots of other factors to do what we can to safely return, but the 2m distancing is challenging for this age group so although we will have lots of measures in place we cannot fully comply with this. We do know children are at least risk of catching Covid 19 but they can be carriers and spread it to adults so this is something we must consider in the coming weeks. 

We will of course share formally all the measures we will take ahead of re-opening but for now if you could email me your thoughts to the question above this would really help me. As you can imagine we have over 100 families on roll so I may not be able to respond to every email but I can gather a feeling which is what I need for the time being. Please email me ASAP. If I don’t hear from you I will try and Phone but again this is a huge task so if I can gather thoughts electronically this would be preferred. It is unlikely once we have planned the return, due to staffing, that those choosing to defer to September would be able to return earlier if you had a change of heart so consider this when making a decision. What we want to avoid is a half empty Nursery but lots of staff so commitment is really invaluable to us e.g. if you are keen to return then you do send the children in. 

my email is


Thanks you everyone

Holly Bowman

Head Teacher



Still image for this video
Learning our C sound

Story Time

Still image for this video
Alex has recorded Dear Zoo for you all to enjoy. Xxxx




LETTER 13/3/20